Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Go time.

After 19 years I'll be returning to Africa. After years of developing a call. After months of preparation, prayingand thinking over every to do and packing list, it all comes down to this: go time. In true Leslie tradition, I tossed and turned all night because I never sleep well before I travel. A combination of nerves and excitement pump through my blood. I just landed in Charlotte where I will soon be joined by two of my core team members. This afternoon we'll fly to Boston where our final team member will join us. And then tonight at about 7 we head out. 7 hours to Amsterdam and then after a short layover it's another 7 hours to Nairobi. We land at 8pm local time Thursday (1pm EST). I'm sure at this point we'll be thrilled to touch African soil. A core team member from last summer has gone before us and will greet us at the airport and then drive us to our home: Kijabe. I can't wait to go to sleep to a dark mysterious home and then wake up to Kenya in all of her new morning glory!!! I can't really sum up how I feel right now. Everything has been a whirlwind and I honestly can not believe this is real. But I just wanted to say thank you everyone for your love and support. I'm leaving feeling so humbled and blessed!! I will do my best to keep you updated but don't know exactly when I'll have internet. Please continue to pray as we travel for the next 24 hours. Love to all for one last time state side, Leslie.

No comments:

Post a Comment