Sunday, May 31, 2015

Humbled



Tonight I was reminded of a conversation I had on the phone with Nathan Smith (the founder of Love Africa) when discussing this position on Core Team. We had had a long talk and I just got to the point where all I could say was, “Nathan, I’m just so humbled by this opportunity. First off, y’all realize that I have never been to Kenya before, right?!?”. We talked and chuckled a little, and then I told him that I was at a point in my life where I have never felt so small. Not in the insecure in my identity sense like I struggled with when I was younger, but in the sense that I really do not have anything to give of my own strength. My role as an RA, as a friend, as a human really had led me to this point where I was humbled because I can try all I want to do things on my own, but I won’t get far. But in the midst of feeling so small, the Lord has never felt so big. I realized it was only through him and by him I can do anything.
I came to Kenya with hands empty. And being here, I see such deep and wide need and I want to fix it all but just can’t. Yet it is in this that I have to surrender that to the Lord and trust that though I have very little to give, he is much greater. I am confident that the Lord has brought me here for this season and I wait in excited expectations to the God who can do incredibly more then we can ever ask or imagine.
Tonight I was at a worship night at RVA and we came to the words,

In my life be lifted high
In our world be lifted high
In our love be lifted high

and I sing that as my prayer. That through, in and around all that we do we can bring glory and honor to Him who has allowed us to be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment